Milan’s Music Scene 2022
WARNING: These events may be subject to cancellation/postponement, given the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19, government regulations, and daily record-breaking cases. We all know the drill. However, we can still dream, right?
Today’s top global artists will be performing in 2022 in Milan’s biggest and most important venues as part of their upcoming tours. These are artists we are all familiar with and can’t help but know the lyrics to their songs. They have won all sorts of awards, like Grammy Awards or Billboard Music Awards, the Eurovision song contest, and many more.
- Måneskin – Mediolanum Forum, 22nd, and 23rd of March and 5th of April
- Dua Lipa – Mediolanum Forum, 25th, and 26th of May
- Olivia Rodrigo – Fabrique, 16th of June 2022
- Imagine Dragons – I-Days 2022 11th of June 2022
- Louis Tomlinson – Ippodromo del Galoppo, 3rd of September 2022
- The Weeknd – 31st of Oct – 1st of Nov 2022, Mediolanum Forum
Many legendary musicians have rocked their way to the top and have been remaining there for roughly half a century. We have all jammed to them, watched their documentaries, and read their stories. And they will be performing in Milan in 2022 as well.
- Eric Clapton – Mediolanum Forum, 18th of May 2022
- Elton John – San Siro Milan, 4th of June 2022
- Aerosmith – Area EXPO, 10th of June 2022
- Guns n’ Roses – San Siro Milan, 10th of July 2022
- Foo Fighters – Area EXPO, 12th of June 2022
- Green Day – Ippodromo del Galoppo, 15th of June 2022
- Dream Theater – Mediolanum Forum, 7th of May 2022
Whether someone listens to classical music as focus music during exam sessions or genuinely enjoys or even plays it, visiting Teatro alla Scala at least once is a must. La Scala was built in 1776 by Empress Maria Theresa of Austria to act as a replacement for another theatre that was burned down. It became one of the most important and famous opera houses due to the famous composers Verdi, Bellini, and Rossini.
For Piano lovers:
- Maurizio Pollini – 28th March
- Yuja Wang – 30th April
- Pique Dame – 23 February to 15 March
- Don Giovanni – 27 March to 12 April
- The Tempest – 5 to 18 November
- Sylvia – 11 to 26 of May
- Giselle – 9 to 16 July
For further information:
For jazz admirers, Blue Note Milano is something not to be missed. It is part of the Blue Note network of jazz clubs that exist all around the globe in places like New York, Tokyo, Beijing, Sao Paulo, etc. Open in Milan since 2003, it holds around 350 shows a year and it is open 6 days a week. Many jazz legends have performed there in the past years, including Chick Corea, trumpeter Paolo Fresu and Marcus Miller.
Most of the 2022 calendar has not been released yet, but it’s something to be looking forward to and keep an eye out for! The calendar will be released here!
- Archimia String Quartet – Chamber Pop – 9 March
- Monday Orchestra feat. Emanuele Cisi “Mingus Blues and Roots” – 27 March